Labels

Monday, July 8, 2013

Upcycled CD box


I received this box in the mail years ago, it was a promotion for American Online. I liked the box because of the magnetic latch.
The first thing I did was paint all the edges and side panels black with acrylic paint.
Next I cut out ink paper to fit the back of the box and the inside flap. Using black ink and Colored pencils I filled in the ink paper. I used a solution of half water half glue to glue the paper to the box. The ad on the box was bleeding through a bit so I decided to use watercolor paper for the front panel.
I put black card stock in the inside tray and touched up the drawings on the ink paper with magic markers to cover up any part of the box trying to bleed through. I used a sharpie to touch up the black and to put a black edge on the artwork.
Back and front

 The box is a little beaten up, but I still like how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment