Labels

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lonely heart box

I did not want to do the typical frilly heart box, so I decided to go with red and black.




After sanding and wiping off the box I painted it with red acrylic paint.. Next I painted a black band across the bottom of the box. I painted the corners with black paint, than a light black wash over the entire box.

I applied the same treatment to wood under the heart cutout. Than drew a tree with black ink.


I painted a tree and a man's silhouette at the base of the heart and a hill and trees on one side and lower hills on the other two sides.
It took me longer to decide what to paint on the box then it did to paint it. I did not varnish the box, I liked it looking a little grainy. I had a good time working on lonely heart box and I am happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment