Labels

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Blue chalk paint box

I found this box in with some old toys, it had battleships and pegs in it. I liked the pattern on the box.
I mixed together one part blue and white paint and one part Plaster of Paris. Normally for chalk paint it is 3 parts paint to one part plaster of Paris. I mixed it up with a wet paint brush and than covered the outside of the box.
After the paint dried I used a medium grade sandpaper to sand off some of the paint letting some of the pattern to show.
I found an old earring and some fuzzy yarn with colors I thought would look good on the box. I hot glued the earring on the lid and wrapped the yarn once around the lid and three times around the bottom of the box. My cat Gir is in the picture because when ever I get the yarn out, she thinks it's for her.
I love how this turned out. I liked the chalk paint also, I will be using it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment