Labels

Friday, July 19, 2013

Mandalas and Zentangles

I painted this on a 4x4 piece of heavy watercolor paper. First I drew a string with pencil. String is a Zentangle term, it is a random line drawn in pencil which creates an area within which you draw your patterns. I filled in half of the paper with yellows and the other half using blues and purples. After the paper dried I filled in the string with patterns. Only a couple of the patterns are Zentangle patterns, the others are from Pinterest or I made them up to fit the space.
I made the circle on heavy watercolor paper using a CD as a template. I filled in the circle using watercolors, pens and black ink.
With this one I did not try to stay in the lines when I painted the watercolor background.
This one is on thinner watercolor paper and is watercolor pencils and black ink.
This one and the one after it are on thick watercolor paper, watercolor and markers outlined with black ink.




No comments:

Post a Comment