Labels

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Box with bead tassel

I started this project with a box a candle came in. I liked the metal decorations on the corners and the holes on the top of the lid.
I started by removing the decoration from the top of the box. Than I painted the entire box turquoise, being careful to clean any paint off the corners.

Using a sponge I added some dark blue ink and light green ink. I painted the metal silver, I filled the holes in with black ink to give the box an aged feel.I made the tassel stinging turquoise flat beads and  chips, silver beads, a silver star, green seed and bugle beads and a light  blue glass bead on .015 bead stringing wire and a silver hoop.

I made simple patterns with copper, light blue and silver acrylic paint. In the center I made swirly patterns with copper paint, then decided I did not like it. So I painted over it with light blue paint. I like the way you can just barely see the patterns under the light blue.
I am happy with this box.


No comments:

Post a Comment