Labels

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lots of circles

The first layer of this painting was I playing with stencil, random marks with ink pens and splattering acrylic paints. The colors were mostly warm colors. On its own, it was not much to look at, so I decided to draw circles using jar lids as templates. I painted around the circles with light purple acrylic paint.

I shaded the inside of the circles with green inktense pencils. I added shadows to the outside of the circles with blue and purple inktense pencils.
I still did not love this painting, so I decided to try the alcohol and acrylic technique. I mixed some yellow acrylic paint and water in an old aspirin bottle, and then poured some of the paint onto the painting. With the paint still wet, I dripped some alcohol onto the paint with a dropper
I then added some more shading, shadowing and highlights using inktense pencils. I love the vibrant colors I get from my inktense pencils; they are becoming one of my favorite art supplies. I think the painting has a wonderful depth to it, I’m very happy with the finished painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment