Labels

Friday, May 30, 2014

More examples of alcohol on acrylics

With this painting I started by painting watercolor paper with a layer of orange paint. After the paint dried I painted watered down yellow acrylic on top, and with the paint still wet I dripped alcohol on top with a dropper.  After that paint dried I painted 2/3 of the paper with red paint. After that paint dried I painted over the red with watered down blue paint. I tilted the page to let some of the blue to drip off the page. With the paint still wet I dripped alcohol onto the blue with a dropper. I am happy with how this painting turned out, I’m sure I will use this technique often.


I started this painting with yellow, red and orange for the first layer. After that paint dried, I painted watered down yellow acrylic on top of that. With the yellow still wet I dripped the alcohol on top with a dropper. I like this painting a lot. I have not decided if I want to use it as a background, of just keep it as is.

The process for this painting is the same as the second example, only the blue paint is not as watered down with the exception that the blue paint is thinner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment