Labels

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Zentangle inspired fish


I had not drawn in zentangles in ages, so for fun I pulled out a background painting to draw on. I stared at the painting looking for shapes to draw the zentangle patterns in. What I saw was a big fish trying to swallow a little fish, with a smaller fish in the distance. Fish are easy, because their scales are a pattern. Plants, rocks even water are all patterns. The trick was adding colors that would look good with the mostly yellow and orange colors already in the background. This painting was a lot of fun to do, and I love my cartoonish fish. I strongly suggest if your want to get your creative juices flowing, just pull out an unfinished painting and see what you can see in it.  I have done more of these painting; it is so much fun, and a good way to use up your background paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment