Labels

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Watercolor Wednesday, painting with plastic wrap


I started out with 140 lb. watercolor paper. Using a large brush I applied enough water to the paper to get it completely wet. I brushed on yellow and orange paint. After the paint dried I wet the paper again, this time I put plastic wrap on top of the paper. I bunched the plastic up, and then poured some red, orange and blue paint down the folds in the plastic. I did not remove the plastic until the paint was dry. Using a wet brush I then splattered paint onto the painting. Using watercolor pencils I darkened the edges of the blue and red paint. I did not take pictures during the process of this painting. If you need step-by-step pictures to understand what I did, just ask and I will do the process again, this time taking pictures. It is a lot of fun to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment