Labels

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Painted CD case with pressed flowers

This project took a lot longer than it should have, but I like how it turned out. I started with an old CD case I received in the mail.
I kept this case because it was made of wood. I started by painting the front and sides red. I painted the inside with blue and white acrylic paint.

I tried to give the front a weathered look using gesso and brown acrylic paint.

I ripped out two pieces of heavy water color paper to fit on the front and back of the case.  We had massive storm that took out the electricity for the entire town. So I took my two pieces of water color paper out on the porch to paint in the light. I painted the vase with flowers to go on the front using water color pencils.
My neighbor's daughter was fascinated by the water color pencils, so I let her paint on the other piece of paper. She mostly just drew patches of color and her name. She left the paper, I did not want to throw it away. I crumpled up the paper, then I got it soaking wet. I let it dry than ironed it flat.
I was happy with this, I could see flowers and butterflies in the patterns. So I painted a flower and butterfly on the paper.

Using tacking glue, I glued some flowers I pressed onto the painting. Now it was to fragile to go on the outside, so I decided it would go on the inside.
I had the case on the bed, so I could study it, and decide what to put on the back. My cat Gir thinks all craft supplies on the bed are there for her to make a next out of.
She jumped on the case and broke the spine. I made a new spine out of red fabric. I glued a strip to both sides, than I repainted the outside with gesso and red dots.


I painted poppies to go on the back panel after watching The Poppy Spree - Painting week 3 by StudioMargot
When gluing the painting to the back, I smeared the paint with glue. I had to paint another picture of poppies.
At last the project is finished inside
and out.





No comments:

Post a Comment