Labels

Friday, August 2, 2013

handmade cards with paper towels



After I finished a watercolor I was painting I noticed that the paper towel I used looked interesting. So I looked to see if anyone had done anything with paper towels. I found a great site. Paper Towels: Stamped, Punched then Collaged : : Tutorial
I loved what she did, but I don't have the stamps and cutouts she has, so I had to go simpler. I had not used the sewing machine in years so did a text card first. It turned out I liked my test card, but it was on yellow card stock, that I did not like. So I painted over the yellow on the front, and on the inside and back I covered it with green card stock.
I put a sheet of green resume paper on the inside and outlined it and the card with a darker green
I have no idea what I'm going to do with the card, but I like it. I think it has a steampunk look.
The next card I made to be a thank you card, so I kept it simple. Using the sewing machine again, i sewed one piece on the front on the cardstock and then using tacky glue I glued a yellow ribbon on the side.  All in all I think it's a nice thank you card.

The next card I was just goofing around. I glued the paper towel to cardstock, brushed mod podge on top of that, cut around the paper towel, glued that to blue cardstock, drew around the wrinkles with green marker and black ink, painted a white stripe with gesso, drew in some rocks and squiggles with black ink and colored them in with pastel pencils.
I don't know what I could do with this card, I just wanted to see what I could do with the paper towel. The paper towels held up through all the sewing and gluing. If you have stamps I would suggest stamping them too. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment